Land your dream job
Take the time to identify positions that are truly exciting for you, and take time to tailor your materials to make the best first impression. Use the resources below as you search for your next opportunity!
Create your job search plan
Explore hiring organizations
Research companies to better understand their company culture and alignment with your values. Whether you want to work with Fortune 500 company or a small start-up, it is important to seek opportunities that align with your preferences.
Below is a list of suggestions as you begin researching potential opportunities.
- Connect with current employees on LinkedIn
- Connect with the company at ASU Career Fairs, or on LinkedIn.
- Read company reviews on Handshake
- Review the companies website.
- View the company’s social media accounts.
Build your application materials
Take time to build and tailor your application materials to each job that you apply to.
- Ask for letters of recommendation in advance.
- Build your resume and tailor your resume to the job posting
- Create a cover letter that highlights your qualifications and why you are the best candidate for the job.
- Carefully review the application.
- Update your online profiles
- Writing sample suggestions