Business Analyst, Office of the CEO (NYC)
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2.5 billion in home loans per month, and have grown over 10x in the past 2 years alone to become the 2nd largest online lender in the US after Rocket Mortgage
- We have scaled from ~$10 MM in annual revenue in 2017 to over $1bln in revenue in 2021, 100x in less than 5 years.
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2020 and 2021
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $1.15 billion from our equity investors, including Softbank, Kleiner Perkins , Goldman Sachs, American Express, Ally Bank, Citibank, Ping An Insurance and L Catterton to date.
We work super hard, we are hard charging, and we are mission driven – to make home better for all hard working Americans and eventually everyone else too.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com is hiring for an Analyst to support our founder/CEO as the company continues to grow! You will be a partner in the team of support to our CEO. This role requires flexibility in schedule and a go-getter attitude. This is a growth opportunity for someone with interest in the startup space, strong intellectual curiosity, and administrative and analytical experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leverage CEO’s day to day responsibilities by supporting organization of schedule and CEO Office operations including project analysis, financial and operational reporting reviews, and corporate finance, partnerships and corporate development transaction management.
- Own and optimize CEO’s time by managing schedule across personal and professional priorities
- Function as support for heavy analytical asks during day to day business operations
- Quickly and efficiently navigate data to drive clarity across department and firm-wide initiatives. Make sure that the things that the CEO cares about are really pushed across the org.
- Generate daily updates around key CEO priorities across teams, partner with support teams across the business to ensure objectives are met
- Perform ad hoc requests as necessary to deliver critical business insights and results
- Ambitious, smart, hungry to learn and eager and capable to work hard (At least 60 hours a week. Most weekends are light. Weekdays are intense)
- 1-3 years of professional, analytical, experience in super high performance environments. Can be at an internship at a highly demanding company with amazing culture.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of organizational best practices optimizing communication, prioritization and information across multiple audiences. Learn how to cut through the noise.
- Proactive and tackles every project with hustle and a strategic eye
- Managerial, organizational and administrative skills
- Strong communication skills, fluency across Google Suite
- Highly analytical and quantitative
- Careful attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity
- Time management and ability to self-manage project completion amidst frequent interruptions by market-driven or time sensitive tasks
- Able to balance and prioritize various needs for multiple people
- Ability to quickly shift gears, and stay on top of all pressing items
- Self-motivated, discreet, and communicative
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.