The Media Team at Camp Towanda acts as an inhouse production studio capturing daily photos, creating weekly highlight videos, social media content, podcasts and so much more! This is a great opportunity for professional hands-on experience with photo, video, audio and podcasting in an amazing, fun, collaborative environment.
Camp Towanda is the premier family-owned and operated, co-ed, 7 week sleep-away camp for children ages 7-17. We offer a well rounded program of activities from sports, to the waterfront, Outdoor Adventure and the Arts. The Media Team is looking for outgoing, hardworking and high energy individuals looking to expand on their skills while balancing the excitement of living and working at summer camp. Media Team members are also counselors and live in the bunks with campers.
We are happy to work with you to meet the requirements for internships.
- Build upon the knowledge of your major and create fun and impactful content for your portfolio and resume.
- Improve self confidence and initiative by working with a diverse, multicultural staff.
- Develop your multimedia skills across platforms including photography, film, podcasts, social media and graphic design.
- Strengthen leadership, teamwork and communication skills while experiencing the importance and impact of being a positive role model to hundreds of children.
- Take advantage of networking and mentoring opportunities from our Leadership Team, Alumni and Parent Network.
The Media Team at Camp Towanda plays a vital role in preserving the history of our camp, which is celebrating over 100 years! The Media Team, led by our Media Director, is a creative, collaborative team experience. The Team is responsible for capturing the non-stop action at Camp and compiling it into our weekly highlight video called Friday Nite Flix. Check out past episodes here. Additionally, the Team captures photos of campers, staff and activities, ranging from posed images, to sports photography.
We do offer some opportunities for older campers to work alongside the Media Team, however, please note this is not a teaching position, this is a production position.
Each member of the Media Team is also a bunk counselor; living in a bunk with campers and additional counselors. Media Team members balance the responsibilities of being a counselor with those of the Media Team under the guidance of the Media Director and Head Counselors. Working at camp is multi-faceted; your spirit, creativity and leadership is important. Summer camp is a 24-hour job as you are living and working at the same place. Flexibility, responsibility and stamina are key attributes to your success. Working and living with kids can be challenging, but one of the most rewarding experiences you will ever have.
- Available June thru mid-August.
- Candidates are required to complete at least one year of college
- Photography Experience and/or Video Experience
- Adobe Creative Suite – Premiere Pro, Audition, After Effects (varying levels of experience is ok)
- Qualified references
- Great with children
- Strong work ethic and collaboration skills
Benefits of Interning at Camp:
- Individually tailored experience to meet your goals, working with school advisors so that you get the most out of your internship.
- Hands on program, working directly in your discipline.
- Access to a talented media team and high tech resources for your resume/portfolio.
- Real world work experience in a fun, exciting, collaborative environment.
- Work with a diverse team from around the world, impacting and inspiring today’s youth.
- Join a vast network of Staff, Alumni and Parents that can connect you in future endeavors.
- THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP.
Be sure to check out our website, www.camptowanda.com, as well as www.fridayniteflix.com!
Please complete our online application and we will be in touch to set up an interview over zoom.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 570-253-3266