About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we’ve produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
Participate in a 11-week internship program built around your career goals and hands-on projects that impact the organization. As part of the Lamb Weston University Recruiting Internship Program, Interns work towards completing a Capstone project and are assigned a mentor who will guide and evaluate performance.
Whether you are interested in Agricultural Science, Environment, Health & Safety, Data Science, Finance, Supply Chain, IT, Manufacturing, Food Science, Marketing, or Engineering, our highly selective summer intern program has projects that will help you build the next stage in your career.
> 11-week paid internship, May – August (actual dates may vary)
> Gain real-world working experience through dynamic projects assigned by your mentor and assigned department
> Network and learn from executives, department leaders, high performers, and fellow interns across the business
> Receive guidance and feedback from your assigned mentor throughout the program
> Professional development events providing tools that will help after the internship and after graduation
The Environmental Intern will be instrumental in helping to understand specific manufacturing environmental impacts such as: water conservation, wastewater treatment, energy conservation, waste diversion, air emissions, and risk reduction on potential environmental areas.
This intern will gain insight to manufacturing industry while assisting in studies and projects focused within the environmental field. The intern will serve as a resource to the site Environmental Manager and work in a collaborative environment demonstrated by sharing ideas, opinions, and expertise. The intern will receive as needed training required to work in an industrial setting.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Conduct laboratory sampling and experiments
- Exposure to manufacturing processes and equipment
- Plan test sequences, order, weigh and assemble components
- Prepare samples for laboratory analyses
- Document and maintain accurate and complete records relating to processing parameters, product attributes, weights, etc.
- Collect, organize, analyze, and summarize data
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- Must be a current Junior, Senior, or Master’s student enrolled in an Environmental Science, Biology, Sustainability, Soil Science, Environmental Engineering or related program
- Minimum GPA 3.0 preferred
- Ability to problem solve with limited guidance
- Continuous improvement mindset and methodology
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills