Our Corporate Accounting Team has a Hybrid In-Office/Remote Work Model. Staff Accountants, upon successful completion of training, report to the Corporate Office one (1) time per week. Candidates must be located in Louisville, KY area.
Work today, get paid today! Schulte Hospitality Group believes you should be in control of your income, that’s why we’re proud to partner with Daily Pay, giving you access to your money when and where you need it!
Schulte Hospitality Group is seeking a dynamic, service-oriented Staff Accountant I to join our team at our Corporate Headquarters! SHG is an organization whose success is rooted in its service culture. Our mission is to exude hospitality, be respectful and authentic, prioritize the needs of our internal and external stakeholders above our own, and continuously strive to make a positive impact in all we do. We are passionate hoteliers, eager to add like-minded people to our rapidly growing team!
What’s in it for you? When you join SHG, you’ll be part of a team committed to an inclusive, employee-focused workplace that is invested in your development. We want you to feel engaged, empowered, and excited to grow with us. After all, we believe our greatest and most valuable asset is our people! SHG provides a rewarding, fun and flexible work environment, exciting perks, a robust benefit package and an atmosphere designed to encourage and promote career growth within the company.
Our Company: Schulte Hospitality Group is a division of Schulte Companies, a leading third-party management company with deep, multi-generational experience in all facets of the hospitality industry. We are a diverse team of innovative hoteliers and restauranteurs operating more than 200 locations across 38 states and 3 countries. Our portfolio includes a wide array of reputable brands like Marriott, Hilton, IHG and Hyatt as well as many unique, independent, boutique and lifestyle properties and restaurants.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
§ Strong financial and analytical acumen
§ Ability to exercise sound judgment relative to problem solving matters
§ Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PC based General Ledger software packages
§ Good problem solving and general ledger reconciliation skills
§ Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
§ Solid verbal and written communication skills
§ Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously with high degree of accuracy
§ Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
§ Impeccable organizational and time management skills
Deep understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
· Perform various other duties as assigned to meet business objectives
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Accounting/Finance or Business Education
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Income Statement and Balance Sheet preparation and Analysis
· Balance Sheet account reconciliation
· Revenue auditing and reconciliation
· Preparing Journal Entries
· Daily and Monthly cash flow forecasting
· Internal control analysis
· Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process
· Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written
· Must be able to apply mathematical operations to tasks
· Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office programs, with most proficiency in Excel
· Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
· Ability to maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations
· Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Work Today, Get Paid today with Daily Pay!
· Track your daily income with updates after every shift you work
· Transfer your earnings instantly or next day
· Automatically save a portion of your paycheck
In addition to Daily Pay, Schulte Hospitality Group offers a robust selection of perks/benefits that include, but aren’t limited to: Paid Time Off, Unlimited Referral Bonuses, Growth and Career Opportunities, Hotel Discounts, 401K, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account, Pet Insurance, Dependent Tuition Benefits, EAP Program, Marketplace Discounts at various retailers such as Disney, Apple, AT&T, Verizon and more, and a flexible and fun working environment!
*Schulte Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.