At Shipt, we are transforming the shopping experience and giving time back to consumers. Shipt Shoppers handpick everything from fresh groceries to household essentials, then deliver them to your door in as little as one hour.
From both our hometown of Birmingham, AL, and our office in San Francisco, CA, Shipt is creating a product and a community that makes people’s lives better in a myriad of ways. Working towards the goal of positively impacting real people in their everyday lives is what Shipt and its people are all about. Shipt is a rapidly growing technology company with an online marketplace providing same-day delivery from 130+ national retailers and local stores. Powered by a community of exceptional Shipt Shoppers and convenient app and web platforms, we bring fresh groceries, home essentials, wellness products, pet supplies, and more to over 70% of households in more than 5,000 U.S. cities.
User Researchers at Shipt are our ultimate user advocates: they learn what our Members and Shoppers want from our service, influence our roadmap, and evaluate our user experience. As a User Research Intern, you conduct independent research, analyze real user behavior and work with User Experience Designers, Products Managers, and Engineers to improve our product features and develop new ones. Your work spans across both our Member and Shopper apps, and you are encouraged to identify new opportunities for user experience improvements. We strive to “bring the magic” with our products, and your job is to make that connection intuitive and accessible.
At a company our size (“smallish” but growing), every research effort has an immediate, highly visible impact on our products, our users, and our team.
- You will work on real and important projects – we have no other kind.
- You will have the chance to receive mentorship from researchers with various backgrounds and “super powers” in our tight-knit Product Design & Research team.
- You will work in a cross-disciplinary environment and learn to effectively partner with PMs, Engineers, and Designers.
- Most of all, your ideas will be heard – we have no egos here, and everyone’s opinion is valid.
- Collaborate with other researchers, design, product, and engineering to generate research plans and goals
- Recruit and screen participants for studies
- Perform a variety of qualitative and quantitative research to understand user needs, desires, and pain points.
- Knowledge of a variety of both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Solid analytical, interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Resourceful and a self-starter who is passionate about advocating for our users
- One of the following:
- Graduation from a UX design or UX research bootcamp
- Graduation from/enrolled in a degree in HCI, sociology, anthropology, design thinking, product or industrial design, public health, psychology, social work, or a related major
- UX research experience (either previous internships or volunteer)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection if you need any accommodations.