Position Summary: The Financial Analysis and Tax Manager, has strong financial acumen, strong technical abilities, excels at collaboration, and is energized by leading and developing a team. This individual contributes to the organization’s success by driving the analysis of financial data to provide insights and transparency in support of leadership decision-making and Wealth Management division growth and profitability goals. The Financial Analysis and Tax Manager serves UBT’s clients by overseeing the tax functions of the Wealth Management division, including tax information reporting and tax return preparation.
- Oversee and lead the Financial Analysis and Tax team in a manner that supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Act as a strategic partner to Wealth Management division leadership to develop and implement a financial analysis program that allows for timely strategic financial decision making.
- Oversee day-to-day financial analysis and tax functions within the Wealth Management Division including, but not limited to, monthly financial reporting, profit modeling, divisional revenue projections, ad hoc financial analysis, tax information reporting and tax return preparation.
- Develop and implement process improvements as they relate to the financial analysis and tax functions.
- Develop, implement and monitor internal controls, policies and procedures to mitigate risk to the Wealth Management Division.
- Prepare and review individual and fiduciary income tax returns, tax projections for tax planning purposes, gift and estate tax returns, Charitable Entity Returns (Form 990), and any other required tax filings for various trust clients.
- Successfully manage relationships with clients and trust administrators. Satisfactorily answer all tax information and income tax inquiries both internally and externally with the Internal Revenue Service and state and local taxing authorities.
- Serve as a general resource for bank employees to meet the information needs required to provide an excellent customer experience and to reduce risk and sustain the growth of the Wealth Management division.
- Ensure employees are trained to comply with bank policy, laws and regulations applicable to their roles. Monitor employee’s adherence to internal controls and take action to address employee performance issues.
- Understand and adhere to all bank policies, laws and regulations. Complete compliance training; follow internal processes and controls as required.
- Report all compliance issues, violations of law or regulations in accordance with the steps defined in bank policies.
- Perform other job related duties or special projects as assigned and assist other team members as necessary.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Nebraska CPA license or advanced degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Minimum of five to seven years of financial analysis experience required.
- Minimum of three to five years of leadership experience required.
- Experience in preparing individual and fiduciary income tax returns preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and experience with other financial software.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting, investments, finance, and tax subject matters.
- Self-directed and takes initiative
- Effective written and verbal communicator
- Proven leader and team builder
- Independent decision maker with sound judgement
- Accurate, detailed, and organized
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent analytical skills
- Time efficient and deadline driven
Light work and ability to lift and/or carry up to 20 pounds occasionally.
Occasional exposure to outdoor elements or hazards.
This role is eligible for hybrid work from home opportunity under the work from home guidelines upon completion of onboarding.
PLEASE VIEW THE APPLICANT TERMS & CONDITIONS BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled